What is PUSH
- We are an independent peer led Service User group.
- We promote inclusion rather that exclusion, being a Service User group, anyone is welcome to join us.
- We are not abstinence focussed.
- We are the voice of the Service User.
Aims of PUSH
- The aim of the group shall be to provide Peer advocacy, Peer support and representation for the drug and alcohol using community at all levels of planning, policymaking, and service provision.
- To challenge and change discriminatory attitudes in the community.
- The primary aims of PUSH are to Increase effective and meaningful user involvement in services accessed by drug/alcohol users in Portsmouth.
- Increase, develop and maintain effective and meaningful user involvement in strategic planning, delivery and review.
- To improve the health and social care of users and there carers Empowerment of service users and carers.
- To develop and incorporate effective and meaningful user and carer involvement mechanism’s within services.
- To further develop and maintain user needs led services.
- Develop approaches that empower users and carers and counter oppressive and discriminatory practices.
- If you would like to get involved with PUSH feel free to attend our open forum on a Tuesday from 2pm to 4pm.
- (Please note although we do not require you to be abstinent from drugs and alcohol to take part at PUSH, we do ask that you do not attend while intoxicated. This is for the benefit and saftey of our members and any guests or visitors that attend the forum.)