Portsmouth, Southsea & Havant
We provide a range of services and support networks to help people who are homeless in Portsmouth, Southsea and Havant, turn their lives around.
Offering a bed for the night is just the first step on the long road to helping somebody embark on a new life away from homelessness. As a result we do so much more than offer safe, secure accommodation.
We provide help and support every step of the way to ensure our clients move towards finding a home of their own. We also work to prevent homelessness by supporting people who already live in their own home, to maintain their independence. This support can take many forms and often includes advice on how to contact specialist agencies.
Our core services in Portsmouth, Southsea and Havant include:
- 105 rooms in resettlement accommodation in Portsmouth.
- 14 rooms for specialist Mental Health services in Portsmouth.
- 25 rooms offering varying levels of support for resettlement and substance misuse services.
- 49 rooms in resettlement accommodation in Southsea.
- 5 room resettlement service in Havant
- 7 resettlement flats in Havant.
Our staff are dedicated to ensuring that every client has the best possible chance to succeed. However, achieving an independent lifestyle is a challenge for many, which is why we work so hard to provide ongoing support to help clients every step of the way. We deliver individual, tailored support plans to ensure we achieve the best possible long term solutions for each individual.
Our range of support, advice and help includes:
- Advice on resources to housing
- Help with filling in forms and claiming benefits
- Help and advice with managing money and paying bills
- Overcoming problems
- Access to specialist services including medical advice or addictions counselling
- Connecting with local self help groups
We are committed to helping clients take control of their lives. As well as providing a bed and a range of support networks, we encourage clients to develop their skills and self confidence to help set them back on the path back to a normal and settled life. We offer many free learning services ranging from basic literacy to job hunting sessions and cooking on a budget.
Our dedicated learning services are built around the needs of our clients and also cover important topics such as managing household budgets, CV building workshops, computer skills, sustaining a tenancy and literacy and numeracy skills.
MILTON ROAD, PORTSMOUTH
Phone : 023 9273 6544